- Legal Success Series:
Meet Kathlynn SmithNews
- Smart Girls Nominated For Los Angeles Business Journal's Women Making A Difference AwardNews
- Smart Girls Featured on Cover of Image Magazine News
Smart Girls in the News
- NOV 11 2012 AACE Southern California Fall Symposiumevent
- Free Download Issue 2 Preview PDF
- 2012 AACE Southern California Fall Symposium Kathlynn Smith is slated to speak on the topic Out of the Trenches and Into the Courtroom: An Overview of Federal and State False Claims Acts. NOV 11, 2012
- 57th NAWIC Annual Meeting & Education Conference Hard Hats And High Heels: Being A Smart Girl In ConstructionAUG 31, 2012
- WCOE Western Regional Conference - Los Angeles Join the Smart Girls at the WCOE Western Regional Conference for 2 days of informational workshops, VIP receptions, business opportunities and networking July 22 through July 24, 2012 in Los Angeles. JUL 22-24, 2012
- Women in Business Appreciation Luncheon Marian Selvaggio and Kathlynn Smith have been asked to speak at Skanska USA's sponsored event, Women in Business Appreciation Luncheon in May. MAY 10, 2012
- An Overview of the Federal and California False Claims ActsThe Smart Girls' presentation gave the definition, history, examples, and most common types and penalties of false claims.APR 17, 2012 Photo Gallery
- WIC Week Networking Event The Smart Girls along with Industry Speaks and the Los Angeles Chapter of NAWIC are hosting a networking event to celebrate National Women in Construction Week.MAR 20, 2012 Photo Gallery
- 2012 Annual Congressional and Leadership Conference- Women Construction Owners and Executives As the newly appointed Western Regional Director of the Women Construction Owners and Executives (WCOE) national organization, Marian Selvaggio will be traveling to Washington, D.C. to participate in a panel discussion at the 2012 Annual Congressional and Leadership Conference.FEB 5, 2012
- National Association of Women in Construction- Risk Allocation in Design Build Contracts The Smart Girls, Marian Selvaggio and Kathlynn Smith, have been invited to speak to the National Association of Women in Construction's (NAWIC), Ventura Chapter.JAN 10, 2012
- NWCCC 2011 Annual Conference The Smart Girls Marian Selvaggio and Kathlynn Smith are set to speak on "Who's Holding the Bag While We're all Holding Hands"NOV 2, 2011
- DBIA National Conference & Expo The Smart Girls Marian Selvaggio and Kathlynn Smith had been elected to speak at the Design-Build Institute of America's Annual National Conference and Expo in Orlando, FL.OCT 20, 2011
- Networking Event The Smart Girls had partnered with the WCOE to host a networking event at Trader Vic's L.A. LiveSep 22, 2011 Photo Gallery
- Workshop "Can Your Innocent Error on a Government Contract Put You in the Crosshairs of the Department of Justice?"Aug 15-18, 2011
- Networking Event The Smart Girls hosted a luncheon at the offices of W.E. O'Neil to dish about the Smart Girls initiative and gain some insight into what the W.E. O'Neil smart girls are experiencing in the trenches. Thanks to the W.E. O'Neil ladies for all of their great input and support.Aug 12, 2011 Photo Gallery
The only way to improve...
... improve on being a Smart Girl in the construction industry is to be a Smart Girl in the construction industry with connections. And with the Smart Girls' in your corner, you are well on your way.
We at the Smart Girls' Guide are here to educate, connect, and advocate for professional women in the construction industry..
Kathlynn Smith is a California lawyer with keen legal skills and a passion for justice to match. Kathlynn's tenacity and creativity are an unbeatable combination that allow her to create innovative, successful legal strategies for her clients at all stages of construction. From contract formation through judgment, Kathlynn does it all with killer instincts and a killer fashion sense.
As a Smart Girl, Kathlynn has co-authored the Smart Girls' Guide To Construction Law, given numerous presentations, and connected hundreds of women and men in the construction industry who are committed to the advancement in construction.
She has been featured in both national and regional publications and blogs and was nominated for the Women Making A Difference Award by the Los Angeles Business Journal. But Kathlynn's proudest accomplishment is the growth in size and strength of the Smart Girls' network of over 1,200 of the construction industry's best and brightest.
Our mission is to advance and support the success of women in the construction industry; out of this mission The Smart Girls' Guide to Construction Law was born. The Smart Girls' Guide is a practical tool for the construction professional with legal tips and understandable breakdowns of legal principles. We hope The Smart Girls' Guide to Construction Law provides you with some useful information. We also hope that The Smart Girls' mission inspires you to collaborate even more with other women in our industry. At the end of the day, the Smart Girls are in your corner.